Q. Recently I had an unfortunate experience with an installer. I tried to post a review on this (and other sites) to present the circumstances of my experience with the company handling my install.
None of the other sites published my review.
With regards to your site I recieved a 'verify my e-mail' message, followed the link and was told my verification was successful.
A while later I went back to check if my post was there and it wasn't
Am I doing something wrong? Or perhaps I am justified in thinking that your site will not accept negative feedback.
A. We absolutely accept all feedback unless it is shown to be untrue or our algorithms/human reviewers flag them as spam/fake.
There is a delay to them being published as we moderate them all with a real human being to ensure they meet these criteria.
Here's the process:
2. We automatically send you an email asking that you verify your email. You need to click the link to proceed.
3. Our custom written spam detection and fake review spotting algorithms flag anything suspicious
4. A real, live Australian human being works through all the reviews for two reasons:
- Sniffing out fake looking reviews - after you've done this a while you get good at spotting potentially fake reviews. If we suspect a review to be fake, we'll ask the reviewer for more info to show they really are a real customer.
- Looking for feedback on installers in our network - if they've been reported to have done the wrong thing we'll follow up with them and reconsider their membership.
- Looking for feedback on installers not in our network. When you read every review that comes in you get a really good idea of the good guys and the bad guys. We put the bad guys on an internal blacklist, and often invite the good guys to join our network.
5. Your review is approved and goes live on the site.